Push notifications are now live in Libby! You can choose which notifications you would like to receive from the Libby menu under Manage Notifications, including:
- When a hold becomes available
- When a loan is about to expire
- When a loan has expired
- and more!
A few other notes:
- Notifications are device-specific, so you can set your notification preferences for each device on which you use Libby.
- After swiping a push notification, you will be taken to your Reading Journey for that title, which displays any previous interactions and activity you have had with that book (notes, highlights, time read, etc.).
- Users on devices that don’t support push notifications (or where they’re disabled) can opt to receive notifications via email or in the Libby menu.
- Along with a new Manage Notifications section, OverDrive has simplified the Libby menu.
- In early 2020, hold redelivery will replace auto-checkout--Libby's notifications will be a helpful tool for guiding you through the new experience. Learn more about hold redelivery here.
To take advantage of notifications and other app improvements, be sure to install the latest update for Libby from your device’s app store.
Visit Libby Help for more information about notifications and other Libby features.