OverDrive is a free service available through the Harrison County Public Library that enables cardholding patrons to borrow eBooks and audio books and download the titles to their own eReaders and smart devices. Following is a list of updates that are available as of Wednesday, April 29, 2015. If you have any questions about using OverDrive to download eBooks and audio books, please call an HCPL branch or email us at email@example.com.
- If you borrow a title that has [or accumulates] holds, you will no longer see a “Renew” link for that title on their bookshelf. Instead, you will see a “Request Again” link that lets you join the title’s holds list and borrow the title again when it becomes available. Note that this is the same way that the “Renew” link currently works for titles with holds; OverDrive is only updating the language.
- OverDrive is removing the limitation that lets users renew a title (or request it again) only one time during their loan.
- You will be able to assign star ratings to titles you currently have checked out right from your bookshelf, and still be able to rate any title from the title’s details page as well.
- A new “narrated” label will help you identify which eBooks are available in OverDrive Read with narration:
- On the title details pages for narrated eBooks, you will also see an audio icon next to the OverDrive Read format:
From here, you can click either the “narrated” label or the audio icon to learn more about narration.
- The “enhanced” label for enhanced titles will be updated to match the style of the “narrated” label: